a

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week One // Core Power Yoga

In the beginning of every new year one of the average person will make a resolution to eat healthier, exercise more, and try to be a better “them”. Most people end up getting locked into a gym contract without spending a solid 6 weeks with the program.


If you ask me that’s a waste of money.


I personally like to save a few bucks and get a good sweat.
While thinking about what  I can do to include a gym membership in my budget, I noticed that the local Snap Fitness offers a 30 day free trial. I began the trial two days after Christmas.


I went a couple times a week to lift weights and maybe go for a little bit of a run. I ended up finding myself procrastinating and not wanting to drag my pitiful ass to the gym. I always was too tired, achy, or just plain didn’t want to go. When it came time to actually pay for the membership, I thought about how exciting it was to go to Snap Fitness for the first two weeks when I started the free trial.


My goal for 2017 this year is to go to as many free trials at gyms.
Gyms may vary. It can be open classes that teach yoga or dance. It can be high intensity groups like cross fit or spin.


I’ve been excited listing out the next place I am going to test out.


The first place I started with is a staple.


Core Power Yoga


IMG_0223.PNG


Core Power Yoga was actually wonderful. I already have a yoga background, so this was right up my ally to get back into the swing of a routine while getting a sweat with the heated classes.


As I told the front desk people that I was doing the one week free trial, they were very welcoming. Acting like I was already a member and that they’ve had me in for multiple classes in the past. The locker rooms were calming and quiet.


As I walked into the class I saw that everyone was so prepared. They all had their own mat, non slip towel to put over their mat, blocks, straps, water bottle, and a clear mentality. I decided to be a part of the C2 class since it required familiarity of poses. I sat cross legged and examined the room I noticed it was filled with people that seemed to know who are comfortable in their skin, yet they really cared what they looked like. Once class started, it was simple to get into the correct head space.


Feeling relaxed wasn’t hard to do.


I’m happy I started with Core Power Yoga to mark my free one week trial with.
If you get a chance to take a couple classes, give it a shot.


Find your nearest Core Power Yoga here: http://www.corepoweryoga.com/


I promise you won’t regret it.


xx- Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment