a

Monday, February 6, 2017

Valentine's Day Playlist


As this holiday rolls by, I always have mixed feelings. I never know if I should get into the spirit or mock the couples throwing money at corporations for cheesy gifts and crappy coconut filled candies. It’s hard not to feel sour when you see people going through these large gestures that could absolutely mean nothing in the end besides a giant pile of clutter.

I’ve worked in the restaurant industry my whole life and I have seen 9 years of Valentine’s days. I’ve seen the stress, the ridiculous wait times, and disappointment. Valentine’s day is a day of love that has astronomical expectations that have the possibility of not being met. The media has taken over and puts ideas in people’s heads, when this holiday can be plain and simple. Keeping it as a day filled with love, appreciation, and happiness.

Better yet, use it as a day to appreciate yourself and show a little self-love.

It's just like RuPaul said, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell are you going to love somebody else?"

I created this playlist for you today. This isn’t your typical Valentine’s Day playlist filled with Michael BublĂ©. This playlist holds the beats that will make you want to dance around the house and feel the love within.





Sending out my love to you!

xx- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment